The two most important sources of reference are
- The basil.js function reference (http://basiljs.ch/reference/)
- The “Jongware” InDesign CS6 reference (http://jongware.mit.edu/idcs6js/)
If you are stuck with your basil.js project you should first try to find an answer or inspiration
- In our tutorials section (http://basiljs.ch/tutorials/)
- In the provided example and demo scripts that come with basil.js (https://github.com/basiljs/basil.js/tree/master/examples)
- In our provided list of helpful resources (http://basiljs.ch/tutorials/finding-help/)
If your question cannot be helped that way you should identify for yourself if your problem is
- Related to InDesign Scripting in general
- Related to specific basil.js contexts
For 1. and 2. you are likely to find help somewhere in the WWW by using a search engine of your choice.
If it is a very specific basil.js question, you should check our Q/A database at stackoverflow. (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/basil.js)
If your question has not been asked so far, you are welcome to add one there. (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/ask)
The basil.js team tries to answer most questions themselves, but please understand that at certain times this is simply not possible.